Bates' Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking Twelfth, North American Edition
- INSTANT Download
- LWW; Twelfth, North American edition (September 9, 2016)
- Bates Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking
- PDF Digital Download
WHY BUY FROM US?
Immediate Download Just After Checkout
Lowest Prices Online
Customer Satisfaction Guaranteed
Digital Download In PDF Format
Unlocked - No Restrictions or Limitations
Ability To Copy & Paste
Ability to transfer to and from your laptop/desktop/iPad/iPhone/Tablet/Smartphone/Android
Perform an accurate, efficient, and effective physical examination with confidence.
Bates’ Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking provides authoritative, step-by-step guidance on performing the patient interview and physical examination, applying clinical reasoning, shared decision-making, and other core assessment skills—all based on a firm understanding of clinical evidence.
This highly regarded text includes fully illustrated, step-by-step techniques that outline the correct performance of the physical examination and an easy-to-follow two-column format featuring examination techniques on the left and abnormalities (clearly indicated in red) with differential diagnoses on the right. Bates’ also includes a unit on special populations, covering special stages in the life cycle—infancy through adolescence, pregnancy, and aging.
- Clinical pearls , printed in blue, highlight key points throughout the text.
- Text boxes help readers quickly find important summaries of clinical conditions and tips for challenging examination techniques.
- Many new and updated photographs and illustrations support the text, and figures are now numbered for easy identification and reference.
- Rewritten chapter on evaluating clinical evidence clarifies key concepts to ensure student understanding.
- Revised and expanded chapter on the skin, hair, and nails includes new dermatology photographs and provides the framework for assessing common lesions and abnormalities.
- Updated behavior and mental status chapter now references DSM-5 .
- Significantly revised information on obesity and nutrition counseling; cardiovascular risk factor screening and new clinical guidelines; new screening guidelines for breast cancer, colon cancer, Papanicolau smears, and stroke risk factors; updated information on STIs; new geriatric assessment tools; and much more.
- New life cycle content , including an increased emphasis on cardiovascular health promotion and child development; updated pregnancy topics such as weight gain, substance abuse, and intimate partner violence; and new information on the older adult, including frailty, immunizations, cancer screening, cognitive decline and dementia screening, and a new algorithm for falls prevention.
Bates’ Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking is the #1 choice for complete, authoritative guidance on mastering every aspect of the all-important physical examination.
"Every section of this quality book provides an extensive amount of critical information in an easy-to-use format. This edition has demonstrated the commitment that this group has to the development of exceptional physical examination book. Well done!" Doody's Review ServiceTM, Doody's Core TitleTM (2018 Edition)
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Informative and easy to understand